Sunday, May 10, 2015

Thinking of You!-PP244 and FMS 185

May 10, 2015

It's Sunday and Mother's Day!  Happy Mother's Day to all!  I hope your day is extra special!  

It's time for a new color challenge at The Paper Players!  The lovely, LeAnne is our hostess this week!  She has a beautiful color combo for us and we can't wait to see all your creations!  



Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand and Pistachio Pudding 

I am using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  It was perfect for my card!  



I really like Sahara Sand and I never use it!  I need to remember to pull it out more often because it is such a fabulous base color!  I struggled with what I wanted to do with these colors, but ended up loving the combo. Thanks, LeAnne for challenging us!


My base card is Sahara Sand. (5 1/2 X 4 1/4)  I added a Lost Lagoon border cut with stitched dies and then found this piece of Sahara Sand in my stash.  It is from a retired DSP set that is retired from Stampin' Up!  I have not used the Flower Patch stamp and die set in a long time and decided this was perfect for this sketch.  I love these whimsical flowers and then added a few pearls in the centers of each flower.  The banners were cut using Stampin' Up! Color Collections DSP.



A matching envelope and a hand written note and this card is ready to be mailed to someone special!

I always love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!  

I hope you’ll be inspired to play with us this week!  Check out what the other designers created for this challenge.  You won't be disappointed!  




Challenge Rules:
  1. Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!

Please link up your creation here! All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  This linky will close on Friday, May 15th, at Noon (PST).

Have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Claire

12 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! I’m right there with you with needing to use Sahara Sand more often. I still am using the original card stock pack I bought in 2008! Your card is beautiful! I love the mix of patterns and the dimension from the layered flowers. So pretty! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you about Sahara Sand - it is a gorgeous base color and you've used it so well. Fabulous card and fabulous use of all three colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with my colors, Claire, and I am glad you were challenged, because you certainly rose to it! You can never go wrong with those florals, especially with your stitched sentiment panel and banners! Thanks for rocking my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Great job combining the challenge. Those flowers are so pretty. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue and green flowers--so whimsical and fun. Beautiful use of the sketch and the colors. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love the way you combined the colors and I think the flowers are BEAUTIFUL in these colors!!! I love how you popped the layers up and took a bit of liberty with the sketch by adding the flowers they way you have...lovely, lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Claire! Just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Claire! I like the mix of patterns, and I've never met a flower I didn't like, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card for the challenge! I love the papers you used.Such a pretty floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card; and I love the matching liner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is wonderfully clean and fresh Claire - I just love those flowers against the chevron DSP. The pearls are also a lovely feminine touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I really love your stamped images with these colors. Such a great sketch to use with this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!