Sunday, April 19, 2015

Live, Love, Laugh--PP #241

April 19, 2015

It's Sunday and time to join the The Paper Players for a wonderful challenge by our lovely, Nance!  She selected Clean and Simple Watercolor for us to play along with this week! We can't wait to see what you create for your projects!



I think clean and simple is the most difficult type of card for me.  I just want to add more and more.  This week, I kept it very simple.  I had so much fun creating watercolor backgrounds, but finally decided to go with this one.  I mixed a variety of oranges and yellows to create this coral look.  It is Springy and bright.  



To create my card, I stamped my sentiment in Versa Mark on watercolor paper and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Using my Peerless watercolors, I added water and brushed away until I got the color I wanted.  
After it dried, I added a white twine bow and a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Such a simple, quick card but, I think the sentiment speaks volumes!


Thank you for taking time to stop by my blog.  Please leave a message and let me know your thoughts.  I always love to hear from you!

Any questions, please email me at: Claire.


I hope you’ll be inspired to play with us this week!  Check out what the other designers created for this challenge.  You won't be disappointed!  




Challenge Rules:
  1. Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!

Please link up your creation here! All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  This linky will close on Friday, April 24th, at Noon (PST).

Have a fabulous week!

Happy Stampin!
Claire


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Claire. Love the subtle shading and color changes in your watercolor background. This sentiment is perfect for a CAS card--nothing more need be said. Hope you are getting some sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that stamp, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome watercolored card, Claire! This is one of my favorite hues....I call it "sunset"!!! Don't you think that's a great name for a color? Such a fun technique, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool background, Claire! Love that color you've created and the sentiment is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is such a pretty color! I love the embossed sentiment,too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. The background is stunning! Perfect CAS card. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Claire! What a wonderful idea to heat emboss that big sentiment and watercolor the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, I love the bright background - it's beautiful. Great job. The white twine is the perfect finishing touch. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Claire! I love this shade of coral. The sequins are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the subtle tones of colour in your watercoloured background Claire - and such a lovely way to showcase your sentiment stamp. CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Claire! Simply stunning and I love the beautiful coral colored background. The sentiment stands out perfectly, especially with the little details you added. hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!