Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thinking of You at Christmas--Tis The Season 35

January 12, 2015

I have been so buy the last few days!  I missed making cards and blogging.  I have Book Club today and I needed to read the book, since I put it off until the last minute.  For all you readers out there, you might enjoy Sue Monk Kidd's, The Invention of Wings.  She also wrote The Secret Life of Bees and I loved that book, too!  

My card today is for the Tis the Season Christmas Card Challenge.  I love the inspiration photo and hope you enjoy my card.  



My shaker card is created by sponging a background with distress ink.  I also cut out the snow piece after stamping it a second time to adhere over the sponged background.



The little car carrying the Christmas tree home made me think of happy memories of going to pick a tree as a child.  I don't have a real tree any longer, but we always did when I was growing up.  Nothing is better than the smell of a real tree!



Thanks for stopping by today!  If you have a chance, please leave a comment.  I love to hear from you!

If you have any questions, please contact me at: Claire.

Stay warm and safe!

Happy Stampin'!
Claire

The "White Chirstmas" stamp set is from Stampin' Up!  It is retired.  I found the neon green paper in my stash.  Sorry- I don't have a brand name on it.





7 comments:

  1. Terrific shaker card Claire! The neon green paper really sets off that little scene nicely!

    So glad to have you join us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa! I had fun creating this card for your challenge! XX

      Delete
  2. I love your shaker card, Claire! How fun! Thanks for sharing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sara! So nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  3. You know I have a special love for sequins and shaker cards! Your scene looks magical. Thanks for joining us Tis the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, your card is so cute! I love that car and tree from the Stampin' Up set. You've used it beautifully and have inspired me to ink that puppy up more frequently! I also love the two different patterned greens, and the sequins are so cool! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!