Monday, November 9, 2015

Peace--The Challenge #50

November 9. 2015

It's Monday and time for a new challenge at The Challenge.  This week we have a fabulous color combination for you to use.  We can't wait to see what you create!  



1. Use the challenge to create a card or paper project.
2. Please add the challenge photo to your post (copy and paste).
3. Have fun and comment on the submissions of others.
4. Anything that is offensive to myself or to my viewers will be removed.
5. Have fun.




My base card is Real Red (5 1/2 X 4 1/4).  The next layer is Crumb Cake (5 1/4 X 4).  The Very Vanilla layer is distressed on the edges using Crumb Cake ink and a blending tool.  The top layer of polka dots is from a retired Stampin' Up! paper pack "Seasons of Style"   and cut with Simon Says Stamps Stitched rectangle dies.  The poinsettia is made using Very Vanilla  card stock using the Festive Flower punch by Stampin' Up!  The veins of the flower were stamped with Crumb Cake ink using the "Reason For the Seasons" stamp set by Stampin' Up!   I distressed the edges of each petal with Crumb Cake ink using a blending tool. The leaves are cut with Crumb Cake card stock.  I attached the petals and leaves with glue dots.  




The "peace" sentiment from "Winter Words" by Reverse Confetti is cut with Real Red card stock five times and glued together.  I love the stacked looked.  It adds so much dimension.  Wink of Stella was added on top for lots of shine.  I found this retired Stampin' Up! snowflake in my stash.  I added it for extra sparkle!  The inside is stamped using the "Cup of Cheer" stamp set by Stampin' Up!  I lined a Very Vanilla envelope with the polka dot paper.  



Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment! 



Be sure to stop by The Challenge to see all fabulous projects by the Design Team members cards!  



Guest Designer - Joanne James

                                           Geri-Featured Designer


Have a wonderful week!  

Hugs!
Claire



4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Claire! Love the poinsettia and the polka dot background, and the red pop of the sentiment is perfect! You hit this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, so pretty and perfect for the challenge! Awesome polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polka dots with the poinsettia flower - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!