Saturday, December 21, 2019

Sassy Since Birth Freshly Made Sketches 416

Dec. 21, 2019


Today I am playing along with the wonderful ladies at Freshly Made Sketches.  This fabulous sketch is by Amy.  It is definitely perfect for any occasion!

I am FINALLY finished with my Christmas cards and I needed a birthday card for my special friend Donna.  She is also my shortest friend and born on the shortest day of the year.  LOL!




Let me tell you a little about my friend Donna.  We have known each other for 35 years.  I love her!  We taught together for years and have remained close through the years.  She is really my "sister" from another Mama.  She is probably the "fanciest" dresser I know.  We both LOVE clothes and shoes.  She also, loves winter.  I DO NOT!  I always say it is because she grew up in Atlanta and never had to scrape ice off her car or shovel snow like we did in Indiana.  So, for her card, I created a snowy scene.  I distressed the background and used shiny embossing paste with a stencil to create the snow.  The sweet girl is a MFT Pure Innocence stamp Happy You Day stamp set.  I colored her with Copic Markers and paper pieced her skirt and balloon. Lots of glossy accents made the fur on her sweater and boots shine.  I love the way she turned out. 




Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Hope you are almost ready for Christmas!  I am!

HUGS!
Claire







2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card - and beautifully colored. I like the balloon design too! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute card and such a fun sentiment, Claire! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!