Thursday, August 30, 2018

Bugs and Kisses Craftin Desert Divas Creative Challenge Shaker Cards

August 30, 2018

Today the Craftin Desert Divas Blog  is sharing the Shaker Card Creative Challenge.  

I love making shaker cards and I do believe the recipient is thrilled to receive them!  Who wouldn't want to shake all those pretty sequins. 



My card is created on a white 5x5 base.  I found this ladybug paper in my stash and knew it was perfect for my top layer.  I cut a black square and then cut a circle in the black square using the Stitched circle dies.  I cut another red frame using the largest die from this set.  I trimmed a piece of window sheet to make the see through part of the shaker.  I added double sided tape around the shaker to hold it together.  Lots of sequins were added to fill in the shaker.


I stamped the ladybug from the Ladybug Garden stamp set.  I colored her with Copic Markers.  Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents were added for shine.  I created the sentiment on my computer.  I added a few more sequins for fun!

One helpful hint for creating shaker cards is: 
Don't overfill your shaker card. Use a variety of items in the shaker for more interest. (sequins, tiny beads, or die cut items that go along with the theme of your card)

Please make sure you visit the Craftin Desert Divas  Blog to see all the shaker cards on this creative challenge and read all the ideas and tips to help them.  

THANKS for stopping by today!

Products Used:
Ladybug Garden

 HUGS!
Claire




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!