Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Lord's Work of Art-- PPA321

October 8, 2016

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS in Georgia.  I am very thankful that my FL  and coastal GA friends were spared any serious damage from Hurricane Matthew.  

As we were driving to see our GRANDS, I thought about how Fall is one of God's greater works of art.

My niece was visiting NH today and send this picture.  It inspired me to make a card when I got home.




I am playing along with the Pals Paper Arts color challenge.  I love these dark, vibrant shades. Cajun Craze is one of my favorite colors.  I know that probably seems strange to most of you.  I don't think it is go to shade for most people.





My card is created on a Very Vanilla base.  The next layer is Elegant Eggplant.  The Very Vanilla layer is cut using a stitched rectangle die.  I stamped the three colors, Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant and Crushed Curry leaves using a retired SU stamp "For All Things."  I love this set because it gives a watercolored, muted look when stamped.  I cut a rectangle of Crushed Curry for grounding my easel.  The easel is stamped in Crushed Curry from the SU stamp set, "Painter's Palette."  I fussy cut the easel and the stamped the words "work of art" from this set.  I used an Elegant Eggplant marker and colored and huffed on the stamp.  I found the words "the lord's on a set in my stash and added at the top.  Linen thread was tied around the easel and two enamel dots were added to complete my card.



Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!  I always love to hear from you so, please leave a comment!


HUGS!
Claire

5 comments:

  1. Claire, your card is beautiful and really reflects the wonder of the fall season! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous photo! Our leaves are just beginning to turn a wee little bit here in PA! Your card is perfect...love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire... this is a perfect set to pair with the beautiful leaves of autumn. Thank you for your beautiful work of art and for playing with us for PPA221.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for these colors, and what great inspiration it came from. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!