Saturday, February 8, 2014

95 Happy Birthday CCMCSPRING 14-03

February 8, 2014

It is a gorgeous day!  The sun is shining and it is about 60 degrees.  You can't ask for more in February!

I needed to make a card for my Dear Uncle Paul who will be turning 95 on Feb. 15.  Yes, I did write 95!!!!  He is very, very special to me!!! He is my Daddy's only brother and when I talk to him, it is like hearing my Daddy's voice.  I love him so much and I am sorry that I can not go to his birthday celebration next Sat.  I can't travel yet with my knee replacement, so I will just have to be there in spirit.

I couldn't decide how I wanted to create the card, but when I saw the Sketch Challenge from Create With Connie and Mary this morning, I was thrilled.  I knew just what I wanted to make.  The sketch is so versatile and I loved all the examples by the Design Team.  Here is my special card for Uncle Paul.        

                                                            Spring14-03

                                                    




Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Etcetera Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla

Ink:  Old Olive

Stamp Sets:  Memorable Moments, Wacky Wishes

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Envelope Liner Framelit, Deco Label Framelit, Banner Framelits, Stripes Embossing Folder, 2 1/2 " Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Embellishment:  Night of Navy Candy Dots

I love to read your comments.  Please let me know what you think of Uncle Paul's card.  
Please contact me if you are interested in Stampin' Up! Products.  Shop online 24/7.

Have a WONDERFUL Saturday!
Happy Stampin!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful occasion to celebrate! Love the bright cheery colors of your card! Thanks for playing the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Deb! It certainly is a wonderful occasion! X

      Delete
  2. Hi Jari! Thank you so much! Great to hear from you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, 95! What an accomplishment for your uncle and I'm sure he will love your card with the vibrant and masculine colors! Thanks for playing our Saturday challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing! 95! I appreciate your kind comment, Debbie! X

      Delete
  4. You've used such a wonderful color combination on this special card - I love it! I really like how you finished the inside of the card as well! Thanks for joining us for this weeks Create With Connie and Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Natasha!! It is wonderful to receive your kind compliment!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!